Fraunhofer-Institut für Organische Elektronik, Elektronenstrahl- und Plasmatechnik FEP
The Fraunhofer Institute for Organic Electronics, Electron Beam and Plasma Technology FEP works on innovative solutions in the fields of vacuum deposition and surface treatment as well as the combination of organic electronics with classical silicon circuit technology. Fraunhofer FEP thus offers a broad spectrum of research, development and pilot production opportunities.
Our interdisciplinary department „Microdisplays and Sensors“ deals with the development and fabrication of microdisplays and sensors based on the integration of organic light emitting diodes (OLED) or organic sensors on CMOS substrates. Our field of activity ranges from the first idea, to the conception in close interaction with the OLED technology, the circuit design, the OLED integration, the test, the electronic packaging to the development of the complete system and the application. In doing so, we move in the area of tension between different subjects such as electrical engineering/electronics, microelectronics, microsystems technology, information technology, computer science as well as physics, optics and manufacturing technology.
We are offering you a position as a Research assistant at our location Maria-Reiche-Str. in Dresden-Klotzsche as soon as possible.
You can expect exciting tasks in applied, industrial research of novel photonic microelectronics. Help shape the future with your innovations. Your work will always be oriented towards the requirements of industry and will thus result in future products. Your work is characterized by a high degree of interdisciplinarity, internationality as well as thinking outside the box.
Fraunhofer FEP works for both industrial and public clients. Accordingly, contacts with international industrial clients, academic cooperation partners and funding bodies must be maintained and established.
Participation in project acquisition and management is explicitly desired.
- Completed scientific studies in electrical engineering (microelectronics, information technology) or comparable fields of study,
- Good knowledge of digital and very good knowledge of analog semiconductor circuit technology,
- Practical experience in analog design flow,
- Practical experience in using Cadence design tools,
- Interest in taking responsibility as a technical project manager as well as in project acquisition,
- experience in digital and mixed-signal design flow,
- Very good knowledge of German and English. You should be able to work under pressure, be flexible and enjoy dealing with people. Your working style should be characterized by commitment, the contribution of your own ideas and accuracy in processing the tasks at hand. We expect strong organizational skills and a competent, engaging manner when dealing with international clients and public institutions/funding agencies, as well as the willingness to take on responsibility, the ability to work in a team and enjoyment of your work.
What we offer:
- A responsible and challenging field of activity with plenty of scope for implementing your own ideas,
- A collegial working atmosphere in a committed team with exciting research projects and state-of-the-art machine and testing technology
- Close supervision and support from scientific staff,
- A modern and internationally oriented working environment,
- Demand-oriented development opportunities through further training measures and individually tailored personnel development,
- Collectively agreed holiday entitlement of 30 days as well as a work-life balance through flexible working hours, the possibility of mobile working and support services to reconcile family and career,
- Company pension scheme (VBL).
Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD). Additionally Fraunhofer may grant performance-based variable remuneration components.
The weekly working time is 39 hours. This vacancy is initially limited for 3 years and also available on a part-time basis.
We value and promote the diversity of our employees‘ skills and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity.
With its focus on developing key technologies that are vital for the future and enabling the commercial utilization of this work by business and industry, Fraunhofer plays a central role in the innovation process. As a pioneer and catalyst for groundbreaking developments and scientific excellence, Fraunhofer helps shape society now and in the future.
How to apply: