THEMA Consulting - Consulting companies, governments and other institutions on the energy transition
THEMA provides independent and thorough expert analysis and advice in the energy sector. Our market reports, models and tailored analyses help investors and utilities to make informed investment decisions in renewable energy, flexibility solutions, hydrogen technologies, and more. We also help ministries and regulators in shaping an efficient market design, and we support companies in strategic and organisational decision-making.
Our consultants have a wide range of backgrounds, ranging from economics, business studies, IT, mathematics, and physics, to engineering (including nanotechnology, and cybernetics) and other subjects. Working at THEMA means collaborating closely with and learning from highly skilled experts, as well as operating in a truly interdisciplinary environment.
At THEMA, we also hope to learn from you. We strongly value and support an open discussion culture to promote new ideas and creative ways of thinking. True to our Scandinavian company values, we enjoy and live a flat hierarchical structure and open dialogue among colleagues.
- THEMA offers a broad range of services. From these, our colleagues select where they can best apply their skills. And so will you. However, to give you an idea, below are some of our interns´ main tasks
- Conducting data and content research, evaluation, and preparation
- Supporting the preparation of publications and presentations
- Participating in the broad range of THEMA energy consulting projects
- Responsible handling of sub-projects
- Supporting with general and administrative tasks of Berlin office
- Desirable: Processing and analysis of data (especially with Excel) to integrate them into THEMA quantitative and model work
- Desirable: Processing the results into structured data and slide formats for internal and external projects
- Background in economics, policy/regulation, international politics or similar (if you worry about your profile, please do send us a quick email and ask. Some of us are physicists, engineers, etc.)
- Finished undergraduate studies
- Strong academic results and both qualitative and quantitative research skills
- A curious mind, the desire to speed up the energy transition, and the wish to improve your quantitative and qualitative skills. We will support your learning trajectory as much as we can
- English is required, fluency in German is desirable, any other language is a plus
- Our work consists in delivering excellent answers to difficult questions, so we expect you to be both rigorous in your research and imaginative when developing solutions
- We juggle several different tasks every day and depend on your ideas. The ability to structure your own work and proactively share ideas with your colleagues will thus be helpful
- You like to give and receive feedback, and enjoy learning from other people´s knowledge and skills, as well as sharing your own expertise
What we offer:
- Work with many varied tasks that require intellectual curiosity and creativity
- Become part of a dynamic work environment in a renowned and highly professional energy consultancy
- Develop your skills and knowledge as a part of a collaborative and non-hierarchical organisation. We support each other and generally maintain an open approach that is relaxed and respectful while still being intellectually serious. There is no barrier between partners, consultants, and interns, everybody supports each other
- Be a key pillar of our business expansion in Germany, Switzerland, and Austria
- Have a life: We are consultants, but extra hours get paid, and we are happy when our colleagues enjoy time with their friends/family/pets/hobbies outside work
- Earn a good living: We offer you a competitive salary
- A great workplace in the heart of Berlin: We share the location with a large pool of other institutions and companies advancing the energy transition. This has already facilitated many collaborations, and in summer we always have lunch together in the patio.
How to apply:
If you fit the profile and would like to join our dynamic and expanding team, we would truly welcome your application to get to know you better.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Marcus Franken (phone: +49 151 5504 9381; email: email@example.com
), or Lukas Feldhaus (phone: +49 152 3468 8512, email: firstname.lastname@example.org